Thursday, May 22, 2008

Seeking dark inspiration...

I've been recently hooked by audio books of none other than that master of horror H.P. Lovecraft. Who would've guessed I'd willingly listen / read horror stories? I suppose I've always been secretly impressed with the horror genre when I bought my first horror book entitled "In The Flesh" by Clive Barker. Being a self-confessed sci-fi fan, I quickly picked up another Clive Barker book ("Imajica-the 5th dominion"). Obviously, I lapped up all the "Terminator", "Alien" and "Predator" movies that came around.


My morbidity must be surfacing or at least I may be losing some sense of sanity to keep on with my current marathon of Lovecraftian literature. Recently read / listened to the following:



  • The Picture in the House

  • The Doom that came to Sarnath

  • The Cats of Ulthar

  • The Beast in the Cave

  • The Lurking Fear

  • The Call of Cthulhu

I must say that the last two impressed me the most as they made me spine tingle and prompted me to blog about it here.


I've also been impressed by some Lovecraft-inspired work as well... A Colder War - by Charles Stross


I'm now dead-set on integrating the Cthulhu Mythos to my first literary adventure...

No comments: