Sunday, March 30, 2008

Artificial intelligence interrupted...

I was just thinking about how great it would be to actually just try my hand at programming a very simple AI. I was thinking of using VB (apparently there are lots of procedural algorithms used to do AI programming) but Java seemed to be the more logical choice (as it is supposedly easier to model the "real-world" using this language). But then I came to realize after reading some more articles about AI that what's really important is not the programming language used but the "method" by which one tries to emulate how humans think or try to solve problems. So i'm back to studying various AI algorithms... Ok, you can stop here now if you find yourself totally bored. But then again, blogging this stuff is more for my personal satisfaction and serves as "theraphy". To be honest, I have too many things going on in my mind at the same time that I have problems focusing. Sometimes I try to focus on one thing but it has a negative effect sometimes. I tend to block out everything else going on around me... I think my son got this trait from me as well... It usually drives the people around us crazy sometimes, but what can we do? :D

Anyhow, I think that trying to analyze how I think would be like climbing Mount Everest without having the benefit of survival training. In the field of AI, a lot of experts have already devoted a great portion of their lives in trying to solve how the human mind works. And from what I've read so far, none of them have come close to figuring out how the human mind works when solving problems. I think it's better to do a lot more research before I try climbing Mount Everest... Who knows? I might even come up with an AI that can be used in a game (like a next-generation SIMS maybe?) :D

No comments: