Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lightning Rally at Shell Philippines Main Office...

I know, this isn't really part of my normal blog entries but I thought I'd share it anyway...

I just arrived at the office around 9:00 AM and after getting out of my cab, I was surprised by the graffiti plastered all over the front of Shell Philippines main office in Makati City (where I work as a consultant). The guards told me there was an unscheduled strike held outside the building around 8:00 AM and the crowd (approx. 30 rallyist I was told) started getting really nasty and defaced the usually white facade of the building. The rally was formed so quickly that the police didn't have enough time to get to the location. Take a gander the photos I took below. Sorry for the rather low resolution as I just used my mobile phone to take the pics.

Hope your day goes better than this... :D

Right side of the building main entrance

I'd hate to be the one to clean this mess up!

Closer view of right side of main entrance

The usual demand to oust GMA (Gloria Macapagal Arroyo)...

Steps of the main entrance

The steps to the main entrance fared no better. The words spray painted there basically say "NO to oil deregulation"...

Left side of the building main entrance

I wonder if that's the head of a cat painted on up there or is it supposed to be a caricature of GMA's face? I wonder...

Be good! Be safe!

No comments: